Saturday 21 September 2024

The Voice - Consumer's Voice

My t-shirt faded!

Hello please Richard kindly help me. I bought a t-shirt and 4 months later the printing is gone. I bought it for P500 plus transport to Kasane. I called them to tell them about the problem they said I should return it for an exchange. I send it to Gaborone again for a relative to return it only for them to be rude and refused to help.


By a strange coincidence I've had two very similar complaints in the last few days. Both involved an item of clothing where the colours and imagery had faded. In the other situation it's likely that the consumer hadn't followed the washing instructions attached to the item of clothing they'd bought. I know it seems boring but those instructions are very important. Firstly, they'll help you prolong the lifetime of your clothing. I'm not an expert but I know that different fabrics have very different washing instructions so it's very important that you read and follow the instructions the manufacturer gave you.

Secondly, those instructions form part of the terms and conditions and like with any other item, if you don't take care of your purchase and something goes wrong, the supplier can politely reject your complaint.

However, in your case there's good news. I contacted the store and within minutes I got a message from them which said:
"I'm one of the Directors there, as I remember they was a time we recalled all those T shirts for exchange. We are very sorry for her not getting a proper help."
He suggested the consumer contact him on his cell number and apologised profusely for the inconvenience she'd experienced.

They made me confess!

Please advise me here, I was involved in an accident on the 16th June and reported the accident to my insurer through my broker. I was then given a claim form to complete it, and there was a part that I skipped and submitted the form because it was too complicated for me! In that portion there was a question which asked me to estimate the speed before the accident and I didn't answer it as I didn't know speed I was driving at. This claim form was later returned to be filled completely. I called my broker upon filing that portion, I was asked to write just any speed as it is an estimation, they continued to say even if you write 80kph of which I chose to write and returned the form. When the insurer responded, my claim was repudiated with reasons being overspeeding in a 60kph! Then my broker lodged an appeal on my behalf and the same claim was still rejected. I then decided to enquire with NBFIRA and they asked me to lodge a written complaint, but since I insured through the broker they insisted that they write the letter on my behalf. I now have 3 weeks still waiting for the letter and nothing is coming forth as they promised. Kindly look into this matter and advise me. Thank you.

I don't want to seem unsympathetic but you made a terrible mistake here. You confessed, in writing, to committing a speeding offence and then gave that document to your insurance company who had a rule that you weren't covered if you were speeding.

I understand that this might not be true and you explained that you did this only because your broker told you to do this but it doesn't change the fact that you confessed and there will be a copy of that confession in the insurer's files forever.

The only practical suggestion I can suggest is that you demand that the broker take responsibility for your situation. They suggested you should do this and it's their responsibility to find a solution. I hope you have evidence to prove that they made that suggestion?

I'm happy to contact the broker as well if they aren't helpful.

No comments: