Saturday 10 October 2020

The Voice - Consumer's Voice

When can I get my money back?

Dear Richard, please help. I am a customer of a panel beating busines. Three months ago I erroneously deposited P8,000 into their account which is linked to my account because of previous transactions. I approached the owner immediately after the transaction. The gentleman was furious and verbally abusive towards my request to return the money. He even went to an extent of threatening to refuse with my money and insinuated that if I want I can get a lawyer as I can't afford one.. It is an arid environment for every business and I would like to get my money back.

I have contacted him several times and he has continued to be verbally abusive and delaying the return of the money. Last I communicated with him he said he would deposit this past Friday but to date he has not. Is there a way you can assist?

This is completely unacceptable. At most it should take a couple of days to reverse a transaction like this. I contacted the guy and he responded, telling me that "there was a fraudulent transaction for the same amount occurred on my account, my bank is attending to this they now require a proof of his transfer into my account". Ok, if that's true, it might be a good reason why the repayment might be delayed by a couple of extra days, but certainly not by three months. Also, you and I both know that you sent him the proof of payment a long time ago.

He then said that "this person has not paid by EFT into my business previously" and I know that's untrue because you sent me details of previous occasions when you'd paid him electronically.

When I mentioned that I would be reporting about this issue in The Voice he responded by saying that "you may take this to The Voice as the error is not mine and there are procedures to be adhered to when returning erroneous EFT." Ok, I've now done that. It's now up to this guy to do the right thing and repay you your money.

Update: The money was finally repaid.

When can she get her phone back?

Please assist me. My sister bought an iPhone 8 from a company on Facebook 3 months ago. Just last week the phone was unable to get on network. We then took it to the company and told them the problem. They then said its because the phone fell. Mind you, this phone never fell. We put the screen protector and cover on day 1. Now the guy comes back and says he is fixing it. We asked him whats wrong and he keeps changing stories and being very rude to me and my sister. We bought the phone for P7,250. And this is apparently a new phone. He had said it carries a 1 year warranty. He further claims he has taken it to a repairman yet in another conversation he said he isn't fixing it. 

Now they are insulting us. We tried going to ask for a receipt just now they threw us out. How can u help us or how do we get help?

Another supplier who doesn't care about their customers. I particularly dislike cellphone stores who whenever someone reports a faulty phone immediately blames the customer for dropping it or getting it wet, even when there's no evidence whatsoever. The fact that the store immediately decided to repair the phone shows that even they didn't believe their first excuse.

I messaged the store and the manager responded, "with due respect i dnt discuss business things on whatsapp kindly come to the office". I tried email instead and they seem to be ignoring that as well.

I suggest you contact the Competition and Consumer Authority and lodge a complaint with them. I've emailed a senior manager at the CCA to warn them expect your complaint. They're waiting to do their job and hopefully force this guy to show a little respect to the person who pays his bills.

Update: He emailed me saying "we took it to the guy who fix our phone for repair i cnt be sure when will the phone done bt as soon ask it is done  sh will be contacted to come collect her phone". Keep me updated!

No comments: