"Welcome to RISE University!Later in the email they describe themselves as "RISE University - Finest in UK Education" and "accredited by International Accreditation Organization (IAO)".
RISE University has years of reputation for providing quality yet affordable education through a wide array of degree and diploma programmes as a pathway to academic and professional success.
Driven by the aim of providing quality yet affordable education, RISE University is offering Queen's Scholarship to students having exceptional academic profile and/or extensive work experience. Qualifying students will receive up to £10,700 in funding, which can be utilized to pay the fee of chosen programme."
This fake scholarship can save me a fortune, they say:
Let's be clear. "RISE University" is s fake university. Let's go through the clues.
Bachelors Programme Fee £ 5,600 Less: Queen's Scholarship £ 4,700 Programme Fee after Scholarship £ 900 Enrollment Fee £ 99 Total Payable Fee: £ 999
- The IAO is a fake accreditation organisation.
- RISE University steals people's money.
- Despite claiming to be in the UK and quoting prices in British Pounds, they are not a registered company in the UK.
- They are not recognized by UCAS.
- Despite claiming to have existed online since 2002, in fact the riseuniversity.com domain was only registered on 19 July 2008.
- Above all, they offer degrees based on life experience.