Thursday 11 August 2011

We get email from a TVI supporter

I got an email from someone critical of my coverage of the TVI Express pyramid scheme. I won't mention his name.
"Reference is made to an article in The Voice of Friday August 05,2011. I have two questions:
First; in business, do you buy only a product as a consumer?
Second; why did the author not mention that some members of TVI are successful? Was it deliberate or was it through ignorance?
Do not criticise systems that you are not a member of. You would be more convincing if you joined TVI and became a failure. Remember, many people have invested in "genuine" businesses, and have failed. Inference, therefore, every business is a scam.
TVI supporter."
Where should I begin?

In business, no, you also buy services as well as products. But with TVI Express they don't offer either. All they offer is the chance to make money from recruiting other people. That's a pyramid scheme.

Why didn't I mention "that some members of TVI are successful"? Because the ones at the top only make money by cheating other people. I criticise burglars and thieves for the same reason.

So I'm not qualified to criticise a pyramid scheme that I haven't joined and personally experienced? I don't need to jump out of a plane without a parachute to know it's a bad idea. I don't need to burn cash to know it's a bad idea. I don't need to commit a crime and go to prison to know that it's a bad idea. I don't need to have joined the TVI Express pyramid scheme and lost money to know that it's a bad idea.

So because TVI victims lose money and so do some investors in real businesses, then all businesses are a scam?

I do hope you have nothing to do with the education of children.

No comments: