Monday 15 August 2011

Another recruitment scam - "George Harry" wants a nurse

A reader sends us an email that a friend, currently working as a nurse, received.
"Dear medical Personnel,

We are an American family working and living in Portsmouth United Kingdom. My name is George Harry. Am a construction Engineer and working with Chevron. I have a wife and two sons. My wife’s called Licen and my sons are Joseph and Kim who are 7 and 9 yrs old respectively. We have a nanny who’s from Bulgaria who takes care of Joseph and Kim, Her name is Kathy.
...
My wife is sick with cancer of the breast, she is in pains because of the nature of my Job, I find little or no time to be at home for her, therefore, I am contacting you today for us to discuss the possibility of hiring you as her personal nurse.
...
You will be required to be with her always and give her the attention she desires, take her to the hospital and regulate her medically. You will be required to travel with her to Germany by the 5th of October’ 2011 for her surgery after that be with her. We have agreed to pay you 1,000 Great British Pounds per week for this service. You will need to be in this service for a minimum period of 12 months. You will have accommodation with us as well as a car if you can drive. Payment can be negotiated."
I guarantee that sooner or later there will be some sort of "advance fee" to be paid, almost certainly a visa payment that you'll need to pay via, you've guessed it, Western Union.

Scam!

No comments: