Saturday 29 June 2024

The Voice - Consumer's Voice

Where are my badges?

I paid for students badges to this company last week Tuesday and they had promised to courier them on Wednesday. Up to today they haven't sent the badges. Last week Friday they lied saying they sent them but when I got to the courier company there was nothing.

After I made several calls he told me he had sent my order to wrong destination and he will rectify the situation immediately. Since then he hasn't communicated. I've been trying to call but there's no response and WhatsApp messages ain't responded to either. And what's painful the most is the students were expecting the badges on Monday hence we made the order last week. 


This must be very frustrating and irritating for you. What suppliers often overlook is that when they fail to deliver a service, it's not just their customer who has a problem, it's all the people relying on the customer as well.

What's even more frustrating is when a supplier starts making up stories. Don't they realise that as soon as a customer detects one lie, any trust they had disappears completely?

I contacted the supplier and asked what was happening. To his credit he responded quite quickly and he said: "Hello Sir i am on a process to deliver them this week, hopefully by Friday". That was the good news. Unfortunately it was the only good news. The bad news is that nothing actually happened that Friday and since then he's gone quiet on me, like he did with you.

The simplest thing to do will be to publish a detailed complaint that identifies his company in the Consumer Watchdog Facebook group. That often motivates disappointing suppliers to be more helpful and warns other consumers to be careful if they engage with him.

Can't they investigate?

Can you please assist me. I have been scammed by a lady of P20,000. She was saying she is selling land to pay for her medical bills. I decided to enter an agreement with her. Gave her the first instalment with me drafting the contract. Then after giving her the rest of the money that's when she started being sick all the time. I researched her on Facebook and realized people are looking for her. I called some of the people she scammed, all had different stories. I once met a Chinese man saying she took around P700,000 from his company and a truck.

From what my other sources tell me, is that she cannot be imprisoned because of her illness. From her, she says she has cancer. How can we protect our nation from this lady? Many of her victims has lost families and large sums of cash. Most of the victims say they've reported the matter to the police and no action taken against this lady because of her condition.

Please advise on the way forward. Thanks.


I'm very sorry for your trouble and for your losses. However, I'm glad that you realised this was a scam before you lost as much as the other victims.

This woman can't be allowed to continue like this. Even if she's unwell, which she's probably lying about, that doesn't mean she can escape the consequences of her many crimes. I suggest you revisit the Police and speak to a more senior officer. If necessary ask to speak to the Station Commander. The Police need to establish whether she's really unwell and how many other victims she's stolen from.

An even better idea would be for you and other victims to go to the Police together as a group. It might be much more persuasive if a senior officer is confronted by a polite but assertive group of crime victims who demand an investigation. I'll also alert some senior officers I know who might be able to persuade their colleagues to take this matter seriously.

No comments: