Saturday 10 August 2024

The Voice - Consumer's Voice

Will she refund me?

There's this other lady I asked her to design a two piece for me in December. She did that and upon delivery the sizes were too big for me even though she had taken my measurements. We agreed that she will do another set for me but even today I'm still waiting. When I approach her she always tells me she's working on it. I ended up asking her to refund me because she's failing to deliver even now since December last year.

She's not willing to pay me because she will not even say anything until I text her. Mind you she said I'll be paying P250 for the whole set and I had to pay her a deposit of P125.


I think this might be difficult but we mustn't give up hope.

I contacted this lady and asked how she was planning to deal with her obligation to you. To her credit, she was honest enough to admit that what you said is true. However, she couldn't offer any solutions. Her many messages to me included:
"I told her I'll refund her. I'm still broke right now."

"I told her month end but this month was hectic like the past ones. But im working on it."

"It will have to be end of this month. "I haven't refunded anyone I owe."

"Im struggling financially cause I bought material twice with their deposits. My machine is dead I dont have business, I had a piece job and I havent been paid. I talked to her gore a nkemele so I get my life in order. But if she feels Im lying she can take any action she feels will work for her. I really cant control how things unfold in life."
I'm actually sympathetic, mainly because she appear to be honest about her situation and unlike so many people, she's not trying to deny it and avoid her commitments. However, that doesn't solve your immediate problem. The real problem is that even if you take her to court and you get a court order against her, how can you get money from someone who doesn't have anything?

I think the best thing we can do is to get her to acknowledge her debt to you in writing so you have some protection in case she ever denies the situation. I'm hopeful she'll cooperate.

Update 1: She tells me she got a loan and will be repaying people this week. 
Update 2: It's the next week and still no loan...

When will they pay me?

I got involved in an accident when someone destroyed may car. He was the one who was wrong, then his insurance assured me that it will cover me as a third party. His insurance is the one to cover all vehicles mine and his vehicle.

Now my worry they had already paid that guy only me left. They're always telling me stories each and every day. It's two weeks now. I submitted everything and did the KYC forms. They gave me a release form that they're agreeing to pay but to pay the money it's a problem. It's story after story two weeks now.

Last week the guy was saying he requested my payment and he is waiting for authorization. Yesterday he was saying the payment has authorised but no money reflected to my account.


Firstly, you're lucky that the other driver had insurance. Otherwise you would need to take the guy to court yourself to get your car repaired and your losses compensated.

You say that the insurance company has already paid their customer but not you. I agree that's not fair but it's only to be expected. He, after all, is their customer, you're not. so they'll see you as a second priority. Nevertheless, they still owe you the money and there's no real reason why they should take too long to compensate you. If you like I'll contact them for you and see if they can go a little faster.

No comments: