Saturday 17 September 2022

The Voice - Consumer's Voice

Where's my car?

Sir i need your help. In March, I signed a car contract with a car importer. I paid for the car of which they were supposed to import from Japan. The car was supposed to be delivered in 12 weeks from the time of payment. Even up to now they have not yet delivered the car.

I have made several attempts to get in touch with the director but he is not taking my calls and isn't responding to my messages. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.


I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that they're talking to me. I contacted them and they fairly quickly responded, confirming that there have been delays with your vehicle. They also suggested that they'd been in touch with you to discuss a solution.

Now here's the bad news. FIVE other people all contacted me in the same week, telling me identical stories about the same company. They all paid the company large amounts of money and are still waiting for their vehicles, months after they were promised. They were also being ignored and not given feedback.

Section 14 (1) of the Consumer Protection Act says that where:
"a supplier undertakes to perform any services for or on behalf of a consumer, the consumer has a right to … timely performance and completion of those services (and) timely notice of any unavoidable delay".
But we don't need a law to tell us that, do we? Isn't it just polite to tell people if something will be late, particularly a customer who has paid a great deal of money.

This company is clearly going through some difficulties and I hope they manage to honour their promises to refunds their customers.

Update: It's now SEVEN other people with the same problem. 
Further update: It's now NINE other people.

Where's my stuff?

I have a problem with a company. I ordered a vinyl cutter from them in February. I paid cash and to date since then they have been giving me excuses. They always say since May that the goods had arrived and its always another month and now I also wonder where are the goods?

All I want is what I ordered, and it seems like I was lied to for all those months. Last month I was told my goods have arrived and to come collect and when I got there there was a different story. I gave them the whole month to clear their goods and now we're on 2nd month.

Please how best can you advise me, because now I can't get what I ordered and to get a refund is also another month. Today I spoke to one of the owners and told me that isn't not his problem. How can you help me at least to recover my money back?


Again, I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that like the car importer above, this company is also talking to me. They told me that they responded to you and that "he asked to be refunded immediately and he was told refunds are not immediate they take 2-3 weeks."

Readers of The Voice should know that when I passed this message to you, you responded by saying "That's what exactly what they always say. Since May the goods had arrived and I've been told the same, now that it's been months.

We should both keep the pressure on them because clearly they're a bit confused about where the goods are, when they'll arrive and (I suspect) whether they really exist.

The bad news is the same as the reader who is still waiting for his car. In the last couple of weeks I've heard from several other readers who have exactly the same problem with the same company. They also seem to be going through some difficulties.

With both of these companies, I'm sure we all understand that times are tough but that doesn't excuse letting them down and then going silent on them, does it?

No comments: