"Dear Madam/Sir,Of course this is ALL LIES. There are no extra fees, there is no actual contract between you and these crooks. That's because they deceived you into joining their directory in the first place. Critically, despite their threats, they have NEVER taken legal action against anyone for non-payment, presumably because they know a judge would laugh at them.
I am writing to enquire regarding the status of payment for the invoice no. 103971, issued for your insertion into the 2011/2012 Edition of the World Business Guide you have ordered on behalf of [company name].
The due date of this invoice was the 28th of November, 2011.
Our Credit Department will issue on Monday, the 19th of December, 2011 a Reminder towards your company.
Payment should be made within 7 days after the date of the reminder (In case of additional late payment we will charge you EUR 99,- Late Payment Fee and EUR 35,- Administration Fee).
Be kind and send us attached by e-mail or by fax the proof of payment as soon as the invoice is paid, in order to avoid the above-mentioned additional fees.
A/c#: 1519 9852 05
Thank you for your time and cooperation.
Tel: +34 91 188 1696
Fax: +34 91 791 9167"
Finally, some geographical curiosities:
- They claim to be "a corporation organized and existing under the laws of BVI" (British Virgin Islands, a well known tax and scam-haven).
- The phone number they give is in Spain.
- Their postal addresses are post boxes in Spain and the Netherlands.
- Their web site was registered on 14th October 2008 to an address in Spain.
- The bank account they want you to use is in Bulgaria.